Welcome to Sudbourne's PTA, a place where parents, teachers and kids can have fun and raise funds to support our school.
Through the PTA we aim to support all of Sudbourne's kids across the curriculum. The money we raise is used to enrich their experience in the arts, sciences and sports while providing them with places to play, experiment and learn about themselves and the world. From providing iPads for the classrooms to building a classroom in the open air, and helping fund the minibus which takes the kids out to explore the world, the money raised by parents over the years affects the lives of Sudbourne's children every day.
How do we raise the money?
We run events through the year, including our Winter and Summer fairs, Jumble Sale and Quiz Night. We aim to help parents by selling affordable Christmas trees, cards and gifts to buy at Christmas; staging our annual Jumble sale with a nice big used uniform section, and arranging socials like Quiz Night where parents can come out to play.
We are also signed up to www.easyfundraising.org.uk who donate cash to the school whenever you spend money online. It's really easy to sign up and an effortless way to raise money.
And what do we spend it on?
With your help we have raised an amazing £44K over the past three years. Choosing how to spend this money is a process open to all and has supported initiatives put forward by teachers, parents and even the school administration. Together we have:
- Subsidised school trips and theatre trips throughout the year
- Donated £8,000 towards 2015's new school bus
- Completely overhauled the Junior and Infant playgrounds
- Provided over 70 new musical instruments in the school
- Provided iPads for each phase
- Supported and arranged sponsorship for Sudbourne's brilliant football team
- Provided Sensory play equipment for SEN pupils
- Given Christmas gifts to every child from a special someone every year
- Supported Parents for Inclusion, Holiday Venture Group and Football Coaching
- And many others!
How do I get involved?
We could always use extra help at the PTA and there are loads of ways to get involved however much, or little, time you have to spare. To hear more, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the mailing list, follow us on twitter @sudbournepta and for more info about what's on, family fun and class lists visit our website at SudbournePTA.com.