Governors' Information and Duties
Sudbourne is extremely lucky to have an active and supportive Governing Body.
Governors work in partnership with the Headteacher and other school staff to promote high standards of educational achievement and to drive the strategic direction of the school.
The Governing Body's has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff, and
- Overseeing the financial management of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Governing bodies are made up of key stakeholders. Our governing body consists of:
- 7 co-opted governors (appointed by the governing body)
- 3 parent governors (elected by parents/carers at the school
- 1 Local Authority governor (appointed by the local authority)
- 1 Headteacher (ex-officio by virtue of post)
- 1 staff governor (elected by school staff)
The governing body meets at least 6 times a year with termly Business and Strategic meetings. In addition to these meetings, the Governing Body delegates certain responsibilities with respect to finance, performance management and resources to:
- The Resources Committee (meets 3 times per year)
- The Pay Committee (meets annually)
Both committees report the details of their meetings back to the governing body.
Acting as a governor enables individuals from the LA, school staff, community and parent body to play an important role in shaping the future of the school.
Currently our governors are:
Hannah Sheehan (Chair)
Penny Porter-Mill (Joint Vice Chair)
Dalia Goldberg (Joint Vice Chair)
Sinéad Mc Brearty
Get in touch
If you would like to contact any of the governors please email: email@example.com